Our Mission, Our Calling!
Gifted by our Creator, we at Park United Methodist Church follow the way of Jesus as led by the Holy Spirit; as a community of faith and love, our mission is to make and mature disciples of Christ for the transformation of the world.
All are welcome to “Drop In” Bible study! Come when you can for lively spirit led conversation as we engage with God’s word in the Gospel of Luke. Join us each Sunday at 9:30am in Pastor Pam’s office.
If you or a loved one suffers from the disease of addiction, Rev. Pamela will pray with you, listen to you, and share information about community resources. Contact the church office and just ask to meet with the
ZOE offers empowerment model to help orphans in Africa and beyond
Please pray for the needs of our mission field and our world.
- For our armed forces and their families
- Jesus in our hearts, our homes and in our world.
- For the Kenmore community
- Victims of the California fires
- For the 14 million persons facing starvation in Yemen
- For those who are homeless or hopeless
- For the Way Forward
Senior of the Week: Frances Bryant, Pleasantview Nursing Home (for physical therapy), 401 Snyder Avenue, Barberton, OH 44203.
Missions- every believer’s calling
Upcoming mission opportunit
ies that need your support:
- Noisy Offering —monies (coins and paper money) gathered in pails by the children on the first Sunday of each month for specific ministries. December—the Giving Tree. Monies are used to provide Christmas joy to those in need.
- Continue to remember the West Side Health Care Center in Zimbabwe. Onias and Diana Mabgwe will be leaving for Zimbabwe January 4th. A railroad container of supplies for the clinic, clothing, toys and etc. was shipped to Zimbabwe. It is to arrive while Onias and Diana are there. Onias is staying for one month and Diana is staying for two months. Please continue to support this project and Onias and Diana with your prayers.
SCHEDULE FOR December 9 – December 16
TODAY After church – Mission Committee meeting
4:00 PM Blue Christmas Service
Mon- 5:30 PM GED
7:00PM Boy Scouts
Tues- 1:00 PM The Journey – Advent Study
4:30 PM Kenmore Freestore
Wed- 9:30 AM Bible Study
5:30 PM GED
Thurs- 6:45 PM Cub Scouts
7:30 PM Choir Practice
Sat- 9:30 AM Kenmore Freestore
Sun- 9:30 AM Sunday School
10:30 AM Worship Service
After church – All Church Christmas Lunch
December 24 – Candlelight Christmas Eve Services, 4:30 & 7:00pm
December 25 – Christmas Day – Office Closed
THE CHRISTMAS SEASON AT PARK
The holiday season can be especially painful for those suffering from grief and other life struggles. Come for a quiet time of song and prayer with others who need to feel strength and peace. This type of service is often called "Blue Christmas." Refreshments shared after the service.
Potluck and a Surprise Guest, December 16, 10:30am
Come and Adore Him: Special Worship
Favorite Christmas Songs and Bible Readings - December 23, 10:30am
Christmas Eve, December 24
4:30pm Christmas Eve Service
Soul-warming and informal- all are welcome to choose a song and welcome Jesus with candlelight.
7:00pm - Traditional Christmas Eve Candlelight Worship
At both services we offer a blessing of children and families.